SPORTS: Indian players who won gold medals in Asian Games 2018
April 5, 2019 Bonela Meena Kumari
Giving everyone utmost pride, here are the Indian players who won in Asian Games 2018!
Last year, the 18th Asian Games has been held in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang. The 18th Asian Games also known as Jakarta-Palembang 2018 had taken place from August 18 to September 2, 2018.
The 2018 Asian Games is the most prestigious event organized by the Olympic Council of Asia. In this event, 45 nations have participated including India. Our Indian athletes have shown mind-blowing performance at the 18th Asian Games. They brought overall 69 medals for India. Among 69 Medals, there are 15 gold, 24 silver, and 30 bronze medals. Here, we are listing out the 15 Indian athletes who won gold medals for India!
List of Indian Players who won Gold Medals
The Indian players who brought gold medals for India are as follows.
- Pranab Bardhan and Shibhnath Sarkar have won a gold medal in Bridge Competition.
- Saurabh Chaudhary, only 16 years old, won a gold medal in the men’s 10 M Air Pistol event.
- Amit Panghal of India won a gold medal in Men’s Light Fly (46-49kg) Boxing.
- Jinson Johnson brought the gold medal for India by winning in the men’s 1500m running.
- Swapna Barman has won Hepthalon event and brought a gold medal for India.
- India’s women’s relay team won the gold medal in 4x400m relay event.
- In the men’s triple jump, our Indian player Arpinder Singh won the gold medal.
- The Indian player, Manjit Singh won the gold medal in the men’s 800m running event.
- Neeraj Chopra has won a gold medal in the men’s javelin throw competition.
- In the men’s shot put, India’s Tajinderpal Singh Toor won the gold medal.
- The Indian players, Rohan Manchanda Bopanna and Divij Sharan won a gold medal in the men’s tennis doubles.
- Rahi Jeevan Sarnobat of India won a gold medal in the 25-meter pistol event.
- The Indian player Vinesh Phogat won the gold medal in the women’s freestyle 50 kg wrestling event.
- Bajrang Punia of India won the gold medal in the men’s freestyle 65 kg wrestling event.
- The rowing team of India won the gold medal in the men’s quadruple sculls.
Such pride these Indian players who won in Asian Games 2018 has given! What do you think of these players? Tell us by sending us a message on our Facebook page. We’d love to know what you think.